Friday, September 28, 2007

Job Interviews like Crazy

Over the last two weeks I have had 6 job interviews. The thing that makes it crazy is that the night before the interview the companies hosts these social events where you can informally meet the person who will conduct the interview. So my typical day this week included going to class, going to an interview, going to class again, holding office hours (I'm a TA), going home for 15 minutes, going to dinner, coming home, doing my homework, going to bed, and repeating the next day. Yesterday, I didn't even make it through all my homework before falling asleep.

So who are these companies? Just some small names like:
Wal-Mart
PriceWaterhouseCoppper
KPMG
Ernst & Young
Grant Thornton
Deloitte

I'll find out by Friday how I did on most of the interviews and then the real crazy part begins with second interviews in California. The company will fly me out for a day, have interviews all day and then fly me back. That doesn't sound too bad, but it really gets in the way of school and work. I'm taking 6 class right now (all 500 level) so it is hard enough to kept up when I'm in town.

I have 8 other pending applications so life is going to be crazy for awhile. (When isn't it crazy?)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hey David, I didn't know you had a blog. I've had one for a little over a year now. It is private though, so if you'd like to read it let me know and I will send you an email.

That is great about the interviews. Those are all some really great, well-known companies. Good luck with the interviews!

Cindy Price said...

Nice blog, David!!

Good luck with the interviews. We want you to be as close to us as possible!!! Besides, Andrew told me he was moving next to me when he graduated pre-school!!!

Katie said...

Sounds like you are pretty busy. Brad wants to know if they are all out in California. Good luck!